Behind Lincoln Mall
Our recitals are the culmination of classes and work from the entire school year. They are an important part of studying the performing arts and they are exciting and beautiful events. They are also extremely complicated to put on and require the full commitment and efforts of all the students, teachers and parents.
A student’s participation in a recital requires a commitment from both the student and his/her family in the months preceding the recital and in particular in class time in the three months before the recital. If a student misses classes, it not only affects that student, but most importantly, it affects the entire class. A recital dance is a group effort. It is also a lesson in the value of making a commitment and sticking to it.
The following policies will make this event a positive one for all.
• All costumes are paid for in full before ordering. Students will be measured and costume fees collected in January. Deadlines for this are on your school-year calendar.
• We also measure “up” for costumes. Costumes are made to order. It is better to have a costume be too big (it can be taken in) than too small. Costumes are non-refundable.
• There are no extra rehearsals in preparation for the recital. All recital dances are worked on in class time. There is still a warm up, stretches, etc. – the class remains a structured learning environment.
• No one is mandated to perform in the recital. A student can continue study in class without performing in the recital.
• All students performing are required to sell a minimum of 4 recital tickets.
• Students who watch the recital are required to purchase a ticket.
• Students in Level B and up are not allowed to wear costumes in the audience.
• Recital ticket prices will be: $20 pre-sales (dates on calendar) and $25 at the door.
• Attendance at dress rehearsal (held on the same day) is mandatory for performing in the recital.
• Doors to the theater open 30 minutes before the performance on the night of the recital.
• Please do not save seats – do not rope off, tape off, or put clothing on seats other than for your child, should he/she want to watch the performance.
• If a student decides to perform in the recital, a maximum of two absences are allowed in the eight week semester before the recital. If a student misses more than two classes, he/she will be pulled out of the recital. The absence of a student affects the entire class.
RECITAL DATE: Sunday, June 30, 2013